We take business security seriously.
Solve Business is focused on the security of our clients.
It’s serious business and needs an expert hand establish a secure framework for your business.
Once we’re done you have peace of mind knowing you have a solid solution that addresses the threats we agreed to protect you from.
Cyber Security and Protection means different things to different people so lets start the conversation.
- Have centrally managed, recognised security software that’s up to date
- Have a regular security review as things change over time
- Control your own destiny, it’s your network, secure it
- Use 2FA & complex passwords, don’t share them or write them down
- Have processes in place to deal with a rogue employee or exiting an employee
- Encrypt your data where possible
- Consider Rights Management
- Have managed patching systems for your computers and servers
- Always apply latest updates to your mobile devices
- Regularly patch the firmware for your Wireless Access Points, Firewall and switches
- Always change the default password on every device at every opportunity
- Have regular conversations with your staff about Cyber Security
- Encourage Staff to highlight security issues if they see them, it’s important for staff to know they are an important part of the security equation
- Treat ‘found’ USB thumb drives as toxic and dangerous and if you must insert them then only do so on isolated equipment that you don’t mind trashing or rebuilding from scratch, you are far better to through these in the trash as USB thumb drives are cheap
- Never rely on USB thumb drives as a backup device, they are notoriously unreliable and when they die the data is often lost forever
- Always have a cloud backup
- never allow USB backup drives to leave the building unless they are encrypted
- always have an offsite backup
- remember if your backup drive is swapped once a week then you spend 6 out of 7 days unprotected
Security Systems that we use ?
- Our Cloud File Systems are secured by 2FA and complex passwords and Password Management.
- All Mobile devices are secured by pass-codes
- Our endpoints are secured by Sophos Central Endpoint Advanced and Sophos Intercept X
- Our perimeter is secured by a Sophos XG125 Firewall running comprehensive protection and onpremise Sandboxing
- We run isolated segmented guest networks
- We do not forward RDP from external to internal
- Secure Cloud Backups that can be Booted in the Cloud and require no human intervention in to be secure, no drives to swap, no drives to take off site…
The XG125 Firewall:
Reach out to find out how we can protect your business too.