Microsoft Exchange Service Degradation: EX255650
There are currently widespread issues where users may be unable to view email message content within Outlook.
Please advise your staff that they may still see Outlook issues then they should use Outlook Online (aka Outlook Web Access) or their Mobile App to access their email until this is resolved.
Microsoft’s initial reports advise that the impact is specific to the Outlook client (desktop App) and users with access to other protocols, such as Outlook on the web or the Outlook mobile app, can view message content in those platforms as a potential workaround.
Status at May 12, 2021 at 08:24
- Microsoft have identified the underlying cause of impact and are applying a fix.
- This fix will reach all affected users incrementally over the course of the next four-to-five hours.
- Once users receive the fix, they will need to restart their email client to apply the fix.
- In some circumstances, users may need to restart their client a second time for the changes to take effect.
- Microsoft expect to complete this process and restore service for all affected users by May 12, 2021, at 3:00 AM UTC.
Status at May 12, 2021 at 08:20: Microsoft are working to analyse recent updates to the environment and the associated code as we work to isolate the cause of impact. Their efforts are focused on determining the most expedient means of remediating this issue.
If you wish to follow direct on MSFT’s site then https://status.office365.com/ is your best place.